[TowerTalk] re: Elevated guy posts

Subject: [TowerTalk] re: Elevated guy posts
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:04:40 -0400

There is lots of info in the Towertalk archives on elevated guy posts.

I started using these at my Bear, Del., QTH around 1981. Those were 4-inch
steel pipes filled with concrete, with about 5 feet in a block of concrete in
the ground and 5 above.

Now I use mostly I beam elevated guy posts. Generally 10 feet long, with 5 or 6
feet in a hole that is 12" diameter and filled with concrete. There's a photo
of two of them on my Web site,, under "Towers". I'll try to get a
couple more up in the next few days.

73/Jon AA1K

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.