Re: [TowerTalk] Ground radials/elevated radials

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground radials/elevated radials
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:50:30 +0000
Tom,

What kind of A/B FS comparison could be done by disconnecting radials that
already lay on the ground under the vertical, for example with a large
relay??

Say you have 50 radials spread out, and for the A/B test you disconnect 40
of them connected to a bus wire via a relay, will this be equivalent to
just having 10 radials under the vertical?

If this is possible it would be a nice way to evaluate the performance of a
full radial system vs a light one, however I have a feeling it is not that
easy..

Any thoughts, has anyone tried this?

73/Peter SM2CEW