Re: [TowerTalk] Ground radials/elevated radials

To: "Jim Lux" <>,"Peter Sundberg" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground radials/elevated radials
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:37:10 -0400
> Your response tells me that even though radials are spread
out under the
> vertical they need not be connected to have influence on
the pattern. But
> surely there must be a substantial difference in
performance between having
> radials connected to the feeder or floating??

In the nearfield many complex things interact. It is pretty
much unpredictable without knowing everything and doing a
great deal of work.

The results of any test would not be conclusive if the wires
remained, even if disconnected.

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.