[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [TowerTalk] Spud Wrench?

To: "Al N6TA" <n6ta@ARRL.NET>,"Towertalk@Contesting. Com" <>,Joe - WDØM <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Spud Wrench?
From: "Mark - AA6DX" <AA6DX@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:04:32 -0700
List-post: <>
Also ---
Spud wrench - features large, flat-sided jaws; good for general-purpose use. Adjustable model is ideal for various sizes of nuts, while fixed model works with large spud nuts under kitchen sinks.
Mark, AA6DX
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe - WDØM" <>
To: "Al N6TA" <>; "Towertalk@Contesting. Com" <>
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 9:45 AM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Spud Wrench?

A wrench, commonly found in Idaho, used to get potatoes out of the ground. (Also called a pipe wrench.)


At 10:38 AM 10/24/2004, Al N6TA wrote:
Had dinner with the guy I got my novice license with back in '70 and he
always comes up with something.
After admitting he may the guy who had my long lost Rohn Industrial catalog,
he said he wanted to know what a 'spud wrench; was. He said it was
referenced on one of the Rohn drawings he saw years ago and always wondered
what it was.

Surely someone here knows or can make up a joke or two I can pass along?



See: for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless Weather Stations", and lot's more. Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with any questions and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>