[TowerTalk] Vertical Loop Feedline

To: Tower Talk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical Loop Feedline
From: K0PYK <>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 06:07:55 -0700 (PDT)
Tower Talk'ers,
My Question for the day is; Should I feed my proposed 80-meter vertical
triangle loop
with a quarter wave of 75 ohm coax or 450 ohm ladder line to a 4:1 home brew
balun and then 50 ohm coax to the rig??? My rigs have auto tuners. I presently
have a 40 meter vertical with a quarter wave of 75 ohm coax. This seems to work
well with the tuner as a multiband antenna. Would it work better with ladder
line, a balun and coax. If this is better is there a certain length of ladder
Thanks in advance.
Tom, K0PYK

Do you Yahoo!? - Register online to vote today!

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.