Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Thrust Bearing Usage

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Thrust Bearing Usage
From: Doug Renwick <>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:19:52 -0600
There you have of the best ways of configuring the mast and rotor.

David Robbins K1TTT wrote:

On my flat tops I always put a second bearing just for that purpose
above the rotor.  To keep it from binding I leave it loose until needed
to remove the rotor.  And I do let the top bearing carry the weight of
the mast and antenna(s) and leave that 1/4" or so gap below the mast so
its easy to remove the rotor when needed without jacking up the mast.

-- Doug Renwick VA5DX PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0 First VE5 9BDXCC What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul? I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.