[TowerTalk] AlphaSpid and Thrust Bearings

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AlphaSpid and Thrust Bearings
From: "Bill Turini" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:41:45 -0700
Vitaly (VE6JO) wrote:

"Can you tell me why AlfaSpid rotator is not on your narrow list?
Thanks. 73! Vitaly (VE6JO)"

I'm a newie to this list and never heard of AlphaSpid until a few months
ago. So I went to their web site. Looking at their comparison chart I
see that their rotor has the second lowest vertical load capacity, 550

My mast and antennas weigh more than this. Do the owners of these rotors
allow the thrust bearing to support the mast, or do they use lightweight
antennas and masts?

Bill  KA4GAV

Bill Turini                         (425) 787-4477
IT & Facilities Manager
Cypress Semiconductor               Lynnwood, WA  98037

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.