[TowerTalk] Installing a PL-259 on Buryflex

Subject: [TowerTalk] Installing a PL-259 on Buryflex
From: "Rick Bullon" <>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:28:31 +0000
Hello All
Well I spent over an hour trying to install a stupid PL-259 on the end of Buryflex coax and I never did get it on ( it started raining again). I have done this before but this time it seems that the center conductor is too big to go into the pin of the PL-259 the strands fold back and keep the pl259 from going all the way on. I tried to tin the center conductor of the coax then it differently was too big!!!
I fell real stupid that I can't get a simple PL-259 solder on to a piece of coax. anyone else have this problem? are there any tricks to this ? or am I just real real stupid!!!