RE: [TowerTalk] Cable TV hardline question

To: "reflector -tower" <>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Cable TV hardline question
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:51:06 -0000
> It worked OK on the stacks, but even with the matching devices it was
> to get a consistent SWR on the BIP/BOP/TOP/BOT like the regular Andrew
> ohm
> stuff does.  However, for the average station without the complexities
> all
> that switching of stacks it would work just fine..........and the
price is
> right!

Those matchers must not be real good.  3 of my runs feed stacks on
10/15/20, each is 4/4/4/4+4south.  All combinations come out with
reasonable results and no amp retuning needed on switching... and that
is with the simplest possible home made stack matching system... all
done with just an rcs-8v and a single extra piece of coax.

David Robbins K1TTT
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.