[TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Tower Issues

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feed Tower Issues
From: "Javier" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:47:19 -0400
I was using an air variable capacitor (bought from Henry Radio) to adjust my
tower on 160 mts, the swr were about 1.2.

Last friday I installed a more powerfull amp (1300 watts) and after few hours
of operation the capacitor arced so  along the weekend in installed a cpacitor
bought as Kit from Ten-Tec but the swr it abt 2.

I have stored an old Dentron GLT-1000 Tuner. Is my understanding that the power
rating of this device is abt 1000 watts, but I would like to know if using this
device could be suitable to be used in 1.8 Mhz at 1300 watts.

Ideas welcome.

73's de Javier

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.