[TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Corrosion Question 1

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Anchor Corrosion Question 1
From: Tower2sell@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 19:46:07 EST
I am an old PiROD person myself.  I would look to the NATE (National
Association of Tower Erectors) website to get their membership roles and
pole those guys.  It is the tower erector on the commercial side who will be
the customer for a non-destructive testing procedure as it will allow them
to build a reoccurring source of maintenance revenue.

To gather some market potential, download the FAA tower database and sort it
by age and location.  Coastal installations I am guessing would be better
candidates in general.

Just some thoughts.

Mike

At first I thought this might work so I went to NATE web site and tried to
find a member list and found out that you have to be a member to get a list.
Then I found a listing of member websites and found out these are the
manufactures and installers who have created the guy anchor corrosion problem
in the
first place and are trying to keep it quite.  FYI NATE has a warning on their
web
site about guy anchor corrosion problems.

I do have the FAA database. There are a lot of errors and omissions. They
have the telecom pole that was on ROHN's property listed as a tower. They have
only about 108,000 structures in their database. They cannot tell me how many
are commercial, ham or government owned towers in the database. It's an
interesting database but I would not trust it.

Mark