Re: [TowerTalk] M2 OR-2800 Rotor Stuck

To: <k1ir@designet.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 OR-2800 Rotor Stuck
From: "w9ge" <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:13:55 -0500
Jim: tells me probably your pulse leads are not delivering the pulses from the rotator to the controller box, or the MOV took a hit. check all connections between pins 5/6 and the rotator unit. There is a troubleshooting guide in the manual. If you have no manual, let me know and I will regurgitate them for you. You can lift the MOV from the pin inside the controller unit also to check that.

If all else fails, then you can still turn the beam. Hook up a sturdy 12vdc supply or battery to leads one and two. Watch which way the beam turns, and reverse polarity if you wanna go the other way. You cannot hurt the rotator motor doing it this way.

I have one 2800 controller that has been back to m2 three times in the last year. Whenever it is gone, I use a 20 amp 12vdc supply to turn the beam by the eyeball method. Not elegant but beats being stuck in one direction. Good luck. 73 bob de w9ge
----- Original Message ----- From: <k1ir@designet.com>