Re: [TowerTalk] Bead chokes on feedlines; K3LR array

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bead chokes on feedlines; K3LR array
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:57:49 -0600
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:26:40 -0800, Michael Tope wrote:

>You can model the chokes you already
>have installed by placing a lumped impedance equivalent
>to the common mode impedance of the choke balun in

Actually, the impedance of a bead choke can be found on the mfr's
data sheet as a graph of series equivalent R and X vs frequency.
Both R and L are functions of frequency.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, go to Fair-Rite's website
(google for to find the url) and download their excellent engineering
catalog. It provides the best education I can think of on the use of
ferrites. I have learned a LOT from it.

Jim Brown  K9YC

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.