[TowerTalk] Cushcraft D40 SWR question

Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft D40 SWR question
From: Rob Santello <>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:08:03 -0800
Hi all,

In trying to decide on a 40 meter rotatable dipole, I'm seriously looking at the D40. It's relatively cheap and light weight. Can someone who uses one tell me what the SWR is across the entire band 7.0 - 7.3mhz? They claim a 200khz bandwidth but I can't find the readings for the entire band. Someone pointed me to the Optibeam OB1-40 and it looks great but really expensive and double the weight. The SWR for it across the band is 1.7:1 so I'm wondering how that compares to the Cushcraft. Thanks for any info!

--rob-- K6DQ