[TowerTalk] TH3

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH3
From: Tom Martin <tmartin@chartermi.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 12:05:05 -0600
To those who remember the LMR coax thread, I replaced the waterlogged
coax with 213.  I will save the 400 for a six meter beam installation.
The reason for the water was obvious.  There were two good tears in the
coax jacket from chaffing against the 20 meter beam mast plate.  My coax
loop was too close and the 40 meter beam cable must have been rubbing
for sometime.  Eventually, it tore.

The question, now, is has anyone successfully used a TH3 on 17 meters?
I know that there have been mods done on the TA33 that work quite well.
I have the opportunity to get a TH3 from a local ham that is leaving HF
and sticking to VHF.  The beam hasn't been stored in his garage for some
time.

Thanks es 73,

Tom W8JWN