Re: [TowerTalk] Re: US Tower Raising Fixture Question

To: Bill Ogden <ogden@us.ibm.com>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: US Tower Raising Fixture Question
From: Joe - WDØM <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 11:10:13 -0700
Hi Bill,

I too have a TX-455, and SteppIR (4 element). There is a way to put the antenna on the tower fairly easily. Check my web page to see how. My wife assisted briefly, but there is virtually NO physical requirement in lifting the antenna, simply guiding it. I put the antenna together completely on the ground before putting it on the tower. Check it out, and feel free to ask questions if you have any:

http://home.centurytel.net/WD0M/

Click on Ham Radio, then SteppIR 4 element....hopefully, the pictures will show you how I did it. I tied a rope to the SteppIR mast plate and then to the tower so that when I cranked the tower up in the air, it raised the antenna to the near vertical position. Let me know if the instructions weren't clear.

73,
Joe
WDØM