Re: [TowerTalk] KLM KT-34A

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KLM KT-34A
From: "David Hachadorian" <>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:48:32 -0700
From: "jerrybale" <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2004 3:03 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM KT-34A

I have been toting around the KLM-34A in the box (never
opened) since 1986 waiting for that one day where space
isn't a problem. Now the space is available, plans are
to put it on a tower this coming spring. My question
is:  is it worth the time and effort to erect a tower
and place this vintage antenna to use?

My KT-34XA works quite well, and a nearby ham has a
34A.  When we get on and compare signal reports, nobody
can tell any difference.

Just make sure your 16" long capacitor tubes have a
wall thickness of .049" (same as the shorter 10M
tubes). If yours measure .058", call M-squared to get
the correct ones.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.