Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking KLM KT34's

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking KLM KT34's
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:21:56 -0700
From: "Courtney Judd K4WI" <k4wi@earthlink.net>
To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 9:22 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking KLM KT34's

> I would be extremely interested in finding out the
details pro/con on
> stacking KLM tribanders. I have a new KT36XA and two
like new KT34A's that I
> am thinking about stacking together. I have the
tower, coax and StackMatch
> already in place. Thinking about 100, 70, and 40 feet
with the two bottom
> ones on swing arms. Anyone did/doing anything like
this? Thanks and 73's

Sounds like it should work fb. Since the XA's driven
els will be behind the 34As' by about 74 inches, make
the coax to the XA about 49 inches shorter than the
cables going to the 34's (using .66vf coax). That
should bring it into phase on all 3 bands. Watch the
balun polarities.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ