Re: [TowerTalk] Vacuum tube 100 years old today

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Vacuum tube 100 years old today
From: "Don Bozarth" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:36:40 -0800
The soft glow of vacuum tubes always had a sort of charm that is lost with
solid state equipment...

I remember buying my first transistor in '58 or '59... Ratheon CK-722.
Built a little audio amp and no one was more surprised than I that the
daggone thing worked.

I remember all those RCA tube manuals... an abosolute necessity if you were
doing designs around tubes.

Don Bozarth

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.