RE: [TowerTalk] Installing a Vaccum Cap

To: yv5mbx@arrl.net
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Installing a Vaccum Cap
From: "Howard Klein" <howk2@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:14:25 +0000
Javier,
Although it is POSSIBLY better to use an insulating material (Bakelite, etc.) I install my vacum vars in a rubbermaid container allowing it to lie at the bottom of the box. I attach the wires to the variable by choosing a hose clamp of the proper size and placing the wire between it and the end of the variable. No need to solder and easy removal. I run full legal limit.
Howard..K2HK

----Original Message Follows----
From: Javier <yv5mbx@arrl.net>

Because it´s the first time that I see such a cap I have several installation questions:

1.- What kind of material could be used as base, to afix the cap. Because I am afraid of afix it directly to the bottom of the Rubbermaid Container so I was thinking about nylon or bakelite. Am I right???

2.- Has two flat contact points, small but sharp, wich is the best method to solder the antenna wire? may I do it directly without risk of damage the Cap.

Your suggestions will be welcome.

73's de Javier
yv5mbx