[TowerTalk] K6STI receiving loop question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K6STI receiving loop question
From: "Dave Quick" <dquick@mn.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:54:21 -0600
I recently put up a K6STI loop for 80m. It's about 8 feet off the ground
and 21 feet on each side.
I built it according to the article in the in the Sept 95 issue of QST,
used 450 ladder (window) line and a 77 mix bead for the transformer.

My problem is that I can't get the SWR below 3:1. I do get a pronounced
dip as I adjust the cap, but the minimum indicated by my MFJ-259 is 3:1.

I'm thinking I need to adjust the turns ratio in my transformer, but I'm
not sure which way to go with the ratio. Currently it's as the article
states: 4 turns to 10 turns.

Anyone have any pointers for me?

Dave Quick, K0EKL
Minneapolis, MN