Re: [TowerTalk] Co-located antennas

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Co-located antennas
From: "David Hachadorian" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:05:15 -0700
From: "Juan M. Chazarra EA5RS" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 1:53 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Co-located antennas

For CQWW CW we are planning to use an 80m ¼ wl sloper
hanging from a
tower (24m+3m mast) with 14MHz yagi with insulated
elements (Cushcraft
X7) on top. The sloper leaves the tower at about 20m
(1/4 wl) from
ground. Both stations will be running a KW.

Should I be concerned with RX safety with this setup?
Any watch-outs?

You will be using bandpass filters, right? That should
be adequate protection. What you are doing is very
similar to what I have here, and it works ok. I
wouldn't try it without the bandpass filters, though.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.