Re: [TowerTalk] Welding Aluminum Tower

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Welding Aluminum Tower
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:04:23 -0800
On 19 Nov 2004 at 20:07, doc wrote:

> Hiring-out the welding would drive the cost of the tower (presuming it
> is not structurally compromised due to age and stress) out of the
> budget when the weld repairs are factored in.

Maybe not!  I know of a welding shop (in my locality... central
California) that will do welding jobs pretty cheaply.  I think they
have a minimum job cost of $30, and that's for 1/2 hour.  An
experienced welder can do a LOT of welding in 1/2 hour!

A bit of shopping for welders in your area may be worthwhile.

George T. Daughters, K6GT

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.