Re: [TowerTalk] DX-Engineering Remote Coax Switch

To: N4CW@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX-Engineering Remote Coax Switch
From: "Andrew B. White" <k9cw@prairienet.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 08:36:36 -0600 (CST)
I don't know the model number (it doesn't say on the front), but I have
used a DX Engineering 5 port switch for more than 10 years - it has never
failed.  This model uses sealed relays in a splash proof metal enclosure
mounted on the tower leg.  The relay board has jumper options to ground
or open circuit the unselected coax connections.  I have them grounded.

Here, the remote unit is about 120 feet from the house and is controlled
with a 6-conductor small gauge solid wire cable.  I have not had any
problem with this unit since it was installed in 1993.

By the way, Bert, nice callsign!

73, Drew K9CW

I had to install jumpers on the relay board to
ground the unselected coax connectors