Re: [TowerTalk] Sommer Antennas

To: "wa4fki" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Sommer Antennas
From: Bill NY9H <>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:48:52 -0600
can't talk to the vertical.... looks like you may be right about the concept.

I can talk to the "standard" Sommer beams....
with one feed like I can "radiate" from  40 to 6 meters,,,,with one feedline.

I read in a Ham Radio article on receiver design, by Ulrich Rhode, in which he footnoted his article with a comment on his system, which AT THAT TIME
included a Sommer beam.
I concluded .....good enough for Ulrich...... good enough for me.

While stacks of different antennas might perform better ;( nice disclaimer)
I would do it again....; or maybe a Big stepIR