[TowerTalk] Why did my Tailtwister stop turning?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Why did my Tailtwister stop turning?
From: "Barry " <>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:35:29 -0000
Had a problem over the weekend with my T2X.  It wouldn't turn.  It
was working fine, then all of a sudden it was stuck at about 300
degrees.  I tried the usual rocking back and forth to free the sticky
brake, but no luck.  All the indicator lights were normal.  I tried
several times over the next 30-45 minutes and it just wouldn't move.
I gave up the contest in disgust, and the next day checked the rotor
and it worked fine, as if there was no problem earlier.

The rotor was refurbished about a year ago and looked brand new
inside and out.

I don't think it was a thermal cut-out as I was not turning it a lot.
Would an aging motor starting capacitor act intermittently like this?
 The control box is about 14 years old.  Any other ideas?
Barry W2UP--
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.