[TowerTalk] Ball bearing guy ring for mast

Subject: [TowerTalk] Ball bearing guy ring for mast
From: "Bill VanAlstyne, W5WVO" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:29:16 -0700
Reposting this, now that the holiday weekend is over and more guys are
reading their mail...

I'm looking to install a telescoping mast (probably two sections, about 18
ft) in a smallish roof tower or tripod (details not worked out yet) with the
Yaesu rotator mounted near the base, such that the whole mast will rotate. I
want to add a ball bearing guy ring near the top of the mast. I envision
this as being something that either clamps to the mast itself, or floats on
top of a clamp on the mast. But I don't know where to get such a thing. I
see the occasional reference to ball bearing guy rings on various web pages,
but have no source. Any help?

Bill / W5WVO

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.