[TowerTalk] mistake on dipole over ground

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] mistake on dipole over ground
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:16:09 -0800
Guy, K2AV, pointed out an egregious mistake I made on a previous post.
I forgot the phase is reversed on a reflection, so the dipole that is 1/4
wavelength from the reflector has the beam straight up (90 degrees phase on
the way down, 180 in the reflection, another 90 on the way back up... 360
total).  Likewise, the horizontal dipole 1/2 wavelength above ground has a
null vertically (180 down, 180 reflection, 180 up, for 180 relative phase,
creating the null).  Same general explanations for everything else though.

mea culpa.
Jim, W6RMK