Re: [TowerTalk] T-match vs Gamma-Match Trade-off

To: "Frank Donovan" <>,"'towertalk'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] T-match vs Gamma-Match Trade-off
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 15:09:22 -0500
> Over a fifteen year period, I had numerous problems
> 1500 watts into gamma matched Yagis, including an incident
> where a feedline on a 10 meterYagi arced to the boom about
> 8 feet from the driven element, a 40 meter feedline that
> to the tower leg about 30 feet from the driven element,
and at
> least two capacitors that arced on the 40 meter Yagi.

All of the above observations absolutely parallel the thing
I saw with my first and only gamma matched Yagi.

Obviously there is considerable common mode on the boom and
feedline shield.

I wonder if any pattern plots were ever made of gamma
matched yagis. Anyone know of any?

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.