[TowerTalk] Re: Bounces replies--- tnx to all

Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Bounces replies--- tnx to all
From: Bob Smith <>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 17:38:46 -0800
HI John and all,

I really don't think that is what's happening.  To post on towertalk your
TO: line is :

The error is coming from not found

 Unless is an alias that is forwarding mail from
the email address to the list daddy
there is something else happening.

my $.02 from WISP and ISP experience,,

Bob Smith
Robert Smith Consulting
"Wireless Installations -- Government, Businesses & ISP's"
F.C.C. Licensed-Commercial & Amateur Services
ARRL Life Member
1-707-964-4931 w/answering machine
Fort Bragg, California   95437

"On The Air-Conditioned Mendocino Coast, In REAL Northern California"
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Message: 11 Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:21:52 -0000 From: <> Subject: [TowerTalk] Bounces replies--- tnx to all To: <> Message-ID: <000501c4db18$d2c09130$c75e70d1@KK9A> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252"

I believe that was a registered user of towertalk using an
alias email address.  The system administrator does not know what his alias
was and therefore cannot delete him.  I doubt he's still a subscriber since
there's been numerous posts on this subject and no one come forward to
correct the nuisance.  You can avoid the error message by setting your email
program block that address.

John KK9A

Subject: [TowerTalk] Bounces replies--- tnx to all
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 19:43:22 +0000

Thanks to all who responded with thoughts on why I see
the bounce from

In short, the reason is that is still registered as a user,
but the address is no longer valid.

Because that's true, he can't get in to delete himself.

So....there's some admin work required to eliminate this minor

In any case, I appreciate the feedback.