Thank everyone for their suggestions. There was a lot there that I hadn't
tried. I did go out in the rain and try a feww of the ideas. When I put
everything back together it started working. The only things that changed was
I lowered the tower due to high wind advisories and I placed the TH7 on a
different port than what I was testing on. I had tried this port before though
and had the TH7 fail on the port it is now working on. This was about the 25th
disconnection and reconnection of the cable.
Having managed computer networks in my other life, I know that I must go forth
and break it again so I can fix it and understand why. This we call a hobby.
I tried the barrel connector clamped to the tower and it made no difference. I
also tried a 3 foot pigtail that was tested on the 40M and it still failed. I
inspected the connectors side by side. They are both teflon, but made
differently so could be slightly different in size. I am having trouble
believing that lower the tower had anything to do with it, but am trying to
keep an open mind. I will run the tower back up and see if it fails again
before I try and break it again. I want to try a dummy load or another 10,15,
or 20 antenna. Tomorrow the weather is suppose to improve and then 3 more days
That's all the news fit to print,
See: http://www.mscomputer.com for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless Weather
Stations", and lot's more. Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with any questions
and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.
TowerTalk mailing list