Re: [TowerTalk] (another)Problem That Needs Ideas

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] (another)Problem That Needs Ideas
From: VR2BrettGraham <>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:10:28 +0000
N4GI asked:

Don't have an RCS8V, but it reminds me of a problem I occasionally have with a sixpack switch... One or two of the ports on one side are intermittent unless I click the brake of my ham rotor 50 feet above it.

If I don't hear anything when I turn things on, I can click the brake a couple of times, then the relay engages. I think it's the 10M port.

Odd, but I just have lived with it. Dirty contacts?

The relays used are 3P2T, with one pole used for locking out the other port from
that antenna.

I find that over time, that pole sometimes fails to make contact on the unused
port, thus preventing the port other from selecting it.

Even after cleaning the relay contacts & giving the relay frames a little tweak,
it's still intermittent here & the solution has been to leave the cover off, so that
I can either apply a little pressure to complete the connection, or merely
wiggle the relay slightly to achieve the same - perhaps what the brake on the
rotator is doing for Blake.

73, VR2BrettGraham