Re: [TowerTalk] Taping wires to flat member towers

To: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Taping wires to flat member towers
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 09:15:11 -0800
At 11:12 AM 12/8/2004 -0500, Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) wrote:
I'm surprised to see how close together they recommend the hangers should be installed.

Alan NV8A
Every 5-6 feet (for no icing) seems fairly reasonable for 1/2" cable. Remember this is for 125 mi/hr wind, and there's going to be a fairly hefty margin. It's going to have to support the weight of the cable, and the wind loads, and, presumably, for 20 years or something like that. I didn't read through all the pages, but I would imagine that they calculate how much bending and tension loads the cable should see, and choose spacings that work with that, as well.

On 12/08/04 10:09 am RCM tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Andrews coax hangers.....