Re: [TowerTalk] Stubs and rx noise

To: "Michael Tope" <>,"towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stubs and rx noise
From: "VE5ZX" <>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:57:08 -0600
> perhaps you meant to say "4/0/0" or you changed the meaning of the
> sequence to be "no stubs/stubs/dummy load" instead of
> "14AVQ/50 ohm RX term/open RX term"

It is S 4 on 15 and 20 but there is no problems on 40m with or without the
stubs in the tx feedline.

> the two rigs. Is the vertical ground mounted with a good
> radial system or is it up in the air with a few elevated radials?

The 14AVQ is on the ground with a reasonable radial system

> Do you have a current balun or any kind of RF feedline choke
> in series with the feedline for the 14AVQ?

No - I don't have a current balun in the 14AVQ. I will give that a go.

> Also, have you checked the 2nd rig for fundamental overload?
> The stubs on the TX side will cut down broadband noise from

I will have a look. My second rig is an Icom 736 and the main rig is an Icom
746 Pro.

Thanks for the suggestions.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.