RE: [TowerTalk] Dipole Center Insulator

To: <>, <>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Dipole Center Insulator
From: "Patrick Dayshaw" <>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:29:05 -0800

Well as a guy who is mostly a "wires guy" in my opinion the
"Budwig HQ-1" is hard to beat. Wireman (as well other
dealers) have them (see
Item #809).

These things seem pretty much bullet-proof to me (I have
several that are 15+ years old). Very heavy leads coming out
of the cast center assembly to solder the wires to, holes at
the top and each end that work for most any installation,
and the coax connector has this molded-in drip lip around it
that seems to work just fine (although I weather-proof the
connector none the less.)

Your (and others) mileage may vary of course, but if you're
looking for a commercial heavy-duty center insulator for a
coax feed line the HQ-1 seems hard to beat.