[TowerTalk] Rusty tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rusty tower
From: <>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:32:11 -0000
I own a tower in Aruba that requires a lot of corrosion maintenance.  I
still haven't figured out a good way to remove rust, perhaps one of products
that turn rust into a paintable surface is the answer.  I regularly do a
quick scraping and then I paint the tower with Brite Zinc .  I'm very happy with this product.

John  KK9A / P4ØA

To: <>
From: "Van Fair" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 22:48:52 -0500

I am ready to start the project of restoring an old Hy Gain  HyTower. It has
number of surface rust spots on about 30% of the galvanized surface. Anyone
have experience in removing the rust and know a better way than the Steel
brush. Any suggestions on what to paint it with all over once the rust is
Thanks for your help.    Van W4GIW

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.