[TowerTalk] coax in conduit

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax in conduit
From: "Jim Jarvis" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:52:30 -0500
I agree that it's preferrable to run cables in conduit.

But how do you do that, when the antenna is 200' up a hill,
and 350 horizontally away, with portions of shear rock ledge
exposed, and a 60 degree slope in places?

You can fly it from trees...but that's not squirrel proof, as my SECOND
run died under those conditions.  (I did a binary search for good sections
after that, hoping to recover some...wound up with a bunch of 50' pieces,
most lossy, after which I gave up.)

Recommendations for self-sealing DB burial... sound like a
decent idea for the little critters.   Possible use of conduit on the
more exposed areas for big critters makes sense, in addition.

Jim Jarvis
410 439 1073 office
443 618 5560 cell

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.