[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S fiberglass center insulator

To: "TowerTalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S fiberglass center insulator
From: "Doug Lefever" <>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 20:27:42 -0500
Hello, I just acquired a used Cushcraft A3S with 40 meter add on. I think I
will replace all the plastic end caps, since many are cracking, and I'm
wondering about the center insulator. It is totally void of paint, and the
fibers are visible. Whenever I've seen bare fiberglass radomes, they were on
very old antennas which needed a coat of paint.

I'm wondering if this insulator should be replaced when it looks like this,
or are they unpainted when new?

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.