Re: [TowerTalk] House Bracket

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House Bracket
From: Rick Tavan N6XI <>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:02:09 -0800
Last summer I put up 3 sections (two regular, one with the triangular
top and thrust bearing) on the back deck of a two story wood framed
and sided house with a Rohn bracket about 15' above the deck. I was
able to get lag screws into two outside wall studs, one of which is at
the end of an interior wall. I have a little C4S (12' boom) on a 2"
mast about 6' above the tower. So far, so good ... but the windy
winter season in the High Sierra has just begun.

About 40 years ago my Dad and I put up 5 sections (four regular, one
with a tube top) on a concrete pad with a homebrew bracket about 12'
above ground. That bracket was much heavier than the Rohn part. We
bolted it through the brick wall to a matching metal plate on the
sheetrock inner wall. It held up a 16' tribander for about  6 years
without incident in the Washington, DC suburbs.

/Rick N6XI

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 7:46:17 -0500,
<> wrote:
> GM from West Point,
> Would like to HR FRM/ correspond with anyone who had used a Rohn house
> bracket  with 25G.
> 73
> Bill kc0qa/4

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.