[TowerTalk] VHF ANTENNA INTERACTION

To: TowerTalk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VHF ANTENNA INTERACTION
From: Jeff Goldman <k3dua@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:47:54 -0500
Here is one of you guys that like to model antennas.

I want to stack a pair of Cushcraft 17B'2's on a mast on my tower. The catalog says that the spacing should be 11-1/2 feet spacing. I have a large 6M beam (a Cushcraft 617-6B) which I would like to mount half way up the mast, between the 2 2M beams. How badly will this screw up the gain/pattern of either the 2M pair, or the 6M beam?

Or, if I go with just a single 2M beam, and want to use the same 2M and 6M beams, what is the recommended spacing between these antennas?

Thanks for your help/advice.

73,
Jeff, K3DUA