Re: [TowerTalk] Kinstar

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Kinstar
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:06:26 -0600
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:50:18 -0500, Jim Jarvis wrote:

>use of 4 wires will tend to lower the Q of
>the system, widening bandwidth.  This is often an issue
>with directional arrays.

The narrower bandwidth of arrays has to do with geometry (spacing,
azimuth, elevation) and phase relationships between the drive to the
elements. I wouldn't expect fattening the conductors to have MUCH
effect on that. But it would certainly broaden the resonance and
reduce the losses of a single element.

Jim Brown  K9YC

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.