Re: [TowerTalk] Heliax and PVC

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heliax and PVC
From: Steve Maki <steve@oakcom.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 23:25:05 -0500

C. Dwight Baker wrote:
Good Morning and Merry Christmas to all the brave souls defying their XYLs
to answer this request.

I have installed 105 feet of 4 inch PVC from my shack to the tower.  My
question has to do with running Andrews ½ inch Heliax through the conduit.
How flexible or inflexible is the Heliax?  I have no experience in Heliax
and trying to make a decision whether to use it or LMR-400.

I recently pulled two runs of 7/8" Heliax through 100' of 4" PVC without difficulty, so 1/2" should be a piece of cake, as long as you use sweep 90s at the ends. My run had a 30º bend in the middle, and sweeps at each end.

Steve K8LX