[TowerTalk] TA45 Guy Tension

To: TowerTalk Post <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TA45 Guy Tension
From: Jim Idelson <>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:19:35 -0500
A week ago I finished installing my new custom torque arm guy bracket on the
tower. I use 1/4" EHS wire rope for all guys. Recommended guy tension for a
standard single guy wire is 600 pounds [10% of breaking strength]. When using a
TA45 with two guys going down to each anchor, should each guy be adjusted to
the same tension as used for a single guy wire, or something else?

Thanks and HNY,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir at

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.