Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3 trap cleaning

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3 trap cleaning
From: Bill Coleman <>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 08:19:00 -0500

On Nov 16, 2004, at 3:46 PM, wrote:

i tried to disassemble the driven element traps on my A3 lastnight, but feared breaking the black trap cap. how does one remove the trap covers, i want to get them good and clean before i put the beam up tomorrow.

You slip the black trap caps off. If the traps have been up in the weather for a while, it may be difficult to remove them without breaking them. You can order replacement caps from Cushcraft. I think they were $1.30 apiece when I last ordered them. When I refurbushed my A3S in 2001, I replaced all all 24 caps.

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901