Re: [TowerTalk] CommScope coax

To: "" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CommScope coax
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:44:35 -0600
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:21:10 -0500, Richard DiDonna NN3W wrote:

>The stuff I've seen for sale locally is CommScope item #3227.

It's very good stuff, optimized for very low loss at UHF. NOT very
flexible -- this is for permanent install where it won't move. Solid
copper center (#10 if I recall correctly), braid plus foil shield,
reasonably easy to handle, fits standard connectors. Commscope has
the reputation of a very good cable company.

The history of the batch for sale (a HUGE quantity) is that it was
sold to internet bubble company that went belly up (Winstar, I
think), so was sold at about a small fraction of its cost to various
wholesalers. One of my friends bought a couple of dozen 1,000 ft
spools, I bought two of them from him, sold one to three local hams.
Have used several hundred feet so far to feed HF (20-10) and VHF
(50, 144, and 440) antennas, a few patch cables, the rest is in my

You should be able to google to find a pdf data sheet.

Jim Brown  K9YC

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.