[TowerTalk] Cleaning Up A Vertical?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Cleaning Up A Vertical?
From: doc <>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:26:44 -0500
I have acquired a very used Hustler (now Newtronics) 4-BTV

The metal has the usual light corrosion and discoloring.

Should I bother to run over it with a scouring pad?

If so what should I treat it with to defend the surface
without harming performance?

I will be run QRP, 100W and full-legal so whatever I do
needs to not render the antenna less efficient nor less
capable of handling power.

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
A blessed and joy-filled New Year to all!

West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.2
Hallicrafters, Heathkit, Homebrew, TenTec, Yaesu
Radio Life:
Linux-Incompatible hardware is defective!