Re: [TowerTalk] pushup mast source and other comments

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] pushup mast source and other comments
From: "Jim Lux" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:17:48 -0800
> Get a bunch of cheap knockoff locking pliars for 3 to 5 bucks each (about
> what a thimble and 3 clips would cost but don't get visegrips or you will
> broke) and pull the rope tight through the earth screw eye and clamp it
> the locking pliars.  get the needlenose pliars as they can handle two
> each.  These hold the rope fine and are a walk in the sun compared to
> kneeling in the snow for a half hour with nut drivers, pliars, etc.
> tightening clips.

Do you clamp the rope around the eye, or at some distance?  I'm having a
tough time visualizing exactly what you're clamping here.  Off hand, I love
the idea of using inexpensive clamping pliers.. You could use the slack end
of the rope to tie around the pliers to make sure they don't unclamp.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.