Re: [TowerTalk] Heathkit HD-1250

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heathkit HD-1250
From: Doug Renwick <>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:38:21 -0600
I have used the HD-1250 to successfully dip A3S traps from two
different beams.  Yes, it needs tight coupling.

Bill Coleman wrote:

I've had very little luck trying to use my HD-1250 dipper. (Technically, it is a gate dipper, since it uses a FET) I did have some hygain traps from a AV-14 that dipped nicely, but my Cushcraft A3S traps would not dip at all.

I think the HD-1250 needs tighter coupling to get a good dip than some older tube-type dip meters.

-- Doug Renwick VA5DX PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0 First VE5 9BDXCC What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul? I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.