Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3 trap cleaning

To: "Bill Coleman" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3 trap cleaning
From: "John Tait" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:38:33 -0000
Take a look at  it may
be of help
   73 es HNY
      John EI7BA

On Nov 16, 2004, at 3:46 PM, wrote:

i tried to disassemble the driven element traps on my A3 lastnight, but
feared breaking the black trap cap.  how does one remove the trap covers,
i want to get them good and clean before i put the beam up tomorrow.

You slip the black trap caps off. If the traps have been up in the weather for a while, it may be difficult to remove them without breaking them. You can order replacement caps from Cushcraft. I think they were $1.30 apiece when I last ordered them. When I refurbushed my A3S in 2001, I replaced all all 24 caps.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: