[TowerTalk] Resonant freqs for KT-34XA?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Resonant freqs for KT-34XA?
From: Robert Katz <>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 12:38:08 -0500
Does anybody have resonance measurements for each element of a KLM KT-34XA?

I bought a used one and it doesn't tune up on 15m and 20m. In measuring the resonant frequencies, the front driven element looks fine (freqs a bit above the band), but the rear driven element has funny looking readings (a bit below on 10m, waaaay below on 15m, and in the band on 20m).

I did clean all the connections, and I'm now about to completely disassemble the elements to check the capacitor tubes (I was too lazy the first time - silly me). I don't think I have the wrong thickness capacitor tubing since one element looks OK, but I'm going to get my hands on some calipers to double check. So I'm looking for the resonant frequencies to know what kind of frequencies I'm shooting for. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance, and happy new year.

Rob Katz, Director
Legacy Center, Inc.

(919) 678-6000 x106